Using UNIX operaration system - exercises
- Use nedit to create a file mycommands.txt where you
write all commands and observations you do in the following
exercises. Use copy/paste to copy the commands.
- First list the files in the directory.
- Create a file (ex1) with nedit. Copy ex1 to myfile.
- Look at the content of both files to ensure they are identical
- Create a new file (ex2) with nedit. Copy ex2 to myfile.
- Check that the content of myfile changed.
- Delete myfile.
- Make a directory test and move the three files (ex1, ex2, myfile) to it.
- Make a directory data and move the three files to that instead.
- Remove test directory.
- Change directory to data and confirm that you succeded.
- Make three new directories newtest - one inside the other,
like a russian doll.
- Move the data directory to the innermost newtest directory.
- Confirm that the three files are moved along with the data directory.
- Copy the three files to your home (your top directory).
- Remove all newtest directories and data in it with a single command
- Copy mycommands.txt twice into test.txt in such a way that the
text appears twice.
- Cat test.txt into less using pipes.
- List the content of the directory into a file dir.txt using redirection