In order to use the DiscoTope server for prediction of discontinuous B cell
- Use one of the following three ways of submission:
- Write a PDB entry name and chain id(s) into the corresponding
- Specify a file from your local disk containing a list of existing
PDB entries with specified chain IDs, one per line, in the format
'entryname_chain' e.g. 1zz6_B
- Specify a file from your local disk, in
format, and chain id(s).
Note: Chain ids should be separated by comma (,). If no chain id is specified, all chains in the file will be used for prediction.
- Optional: Select DiscoTope threshold score for epitope identification.
Higher values correspond to higher specificity.
Different thresholds for the DiscoTope score can be translated into
sensitivity/specificity values. In a benchmark containing more than
75 antigen/antibody complexes, the following relations were found:
| Score || Sensitivity || Specificity
| > 1.9 || 0.17 || 0.95 |
| > 0.5 || 0.23 || 0.90 |
| > -1.0 || 0.30 || 0.85 |
| > -2.5 || 0.39 || 0.80 |
| > -3.7 || 0.47 || 0.75 |
A specificity of 0.75 means that 25% of the nonepitope residues were predicted as part of epitopes.
A sensitivity of 0.47 means that 47% of the epitope residues were predicted as part of epitopes.
- Press the "Submit sequence" button.
- A WWW page will return the results when the prediction is ready.
Response time depends on system load.