The output conforms to the
For each input sequence the server prints a list of predicted genes, one
per line. The columns are:
- seqname: input sequence name;
- model: organism model code (also in plain text
in the table head);
- feature: predicted feature, 'CDS' or 'CDSsub'
(alternative translation start);
- start and end: positions in the sequence;
- score: R-value, indicating how likely the fragment
is to be just a non-coding open reading frame rather than a real gene;
- strand: '+' or '-';
- startc: predicted start codon;
- odds: log odds score.
Only the predictions with R-values lower than the selected R-value cutoff
(the default is 2
) are reported.
The example below shows the EasyGene 1.2 output for the sequence taken
from the GenBank entry
AB010576, containing Bacillus subtilis
ComX, ComQ and DegQ
genes. All the three genes are predicted as annotated in the database (shown
in green), with high confidence, although
an alternative translation start is preferred for comQ (shown in
orange). Two additional genes not annotated
in the GenBank entry are also predicted.