In order to use the NetPlantGene server for splice site
prediction in Plant DNA:
- Select a local Fasta file by pressing the 'Browse...' bottom.
Remember to make the correct file selection mask (like *.fasta).
A fasta file is an ASCII file with the sequence, as shown below,
and should contain only one sequence.
- The fasta file must be submitted using the one letter abbreviations
for the nucleotides: `acgtuACGTU' or 'X' for unknown.
- The sequence must be more than 200 (preferably more than 250) and less
than 80.000 nucleotides long. Shorter sequences are accepted, but the
prediction will be suboptimal. Long sequences may provoke a time out.
In such cases use the mail server
Send a mail with the word "help" to the mail server to get help.
- Press the "Send file" button.
- A WWW page will return the results as the prediction finishes. Response time depends on system load.
EXAMPLE FASTA FILE
The first line must start with the symbol '>', the next word on that
line is used as the sequence identifier. The following lines should
contain the actual sequence, consisting of the symbols A, T, U, G, C
and X. U is converted to T, letters not mentioned are converted to X.
All letters are converted to upper case. Numbers, blanks and other
nonletter symbols are skipped. The lines should not be longer than 80