In order to use the YinOYang WWW server for prediction on amino acid sequences:
- (optional) Enter a name for the sequence.
- Enter a single sequence (or a Swissprot ID or AC) in the sequence window.
Alternatively, give a file name containing sequences in FASTA format (multiple
The sequence must be written using the one letter amino acid code:
Other letters will be converted to `X' and treated as unknown
Other characters, such as whitespace and
numbers, will simply be ignored.
- Choose the output format: Show only positive predictions, or show potentials for all Ser/Thr sites in the sequence(s).
- Include Graph: A graphic illustrating glycosylation potentials across the sequence length will
be generated (recommended).
- "Yin-yang" site predictions: Checking this box will (in parallel) generate predictions
NetPhos server and will indicate
Ser/Thr sites which have a potential for being O-GlcNAcylated as well as phosphorylated
('yin-yang' sites). The graphic is affected accordingly.
- NetPhos threshold: This may be adjusted (0-1, default: 0.5). Sites are indicated
as phosphorylated only if their NetPhos potentials are above this fixed threshold.
- Press the "Submit sequence" button.
- A WWW page will return the results when the prediction is ready.
Response time depends on system load, but is usually only a few seconds.